Free Light Rail for the New Year’s Eve Sky Spectacular!!!
NEW YEAR’S EVE LIGHT RAIL SERVICE
SacRT encourages New Year’s Eve Sky Spectacular celebrants from around the region to take light rail for free to downtown Sacramento on Monday, December 31, 2018. It’s a family-friendly and convenient way for attendees to come out and celebrate the start of a new year.
- For your convenience, SacRT has 52 light rail stations and 22 park-and-ride lots in a 43-mile service area.
- To take light rail to downtown/Old Sacramento, SacRT recommends parking at one of our 22 park-and-ride stations.
- Light rail trains operate every 15 to 30 minutes depending on the time of day. To view a light rail schedule, visit sacrt.com and click on the “Schedules” link on the home page or call our Customer Service and Sales Center at 916-321-BUSS (2877) Monday through Friday, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Remember, light rail trains operate on one-way streets in downtown, so you will need to board return trains at a different station than where you arrived.
DOWNTOWN ARRIVAL STATIONS
All arrival stations are walking distance to Old Sacramento through the tunnel near DOCO.
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Blue Line from the Roseville Road Station (Citrus Heights/Roseville areas) should exit the train at the 7th & Capitol Station.
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Blue Line from Franklin Station (south Sacramento/Elk Grove areas) should exit the train at the 9th & K Station.
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Gold Line from Folsom/Rancho Cordova light rail stations should exit the train at the 8th & K Station or Sacramento Valley Station.
DOWNTOWN DEPARTURE STATIONS
Below is a list of light rail departure stations and times on the Blue Line and Gold Line after the 9 p.m. fireworks show. Riders are encouraged to check the light rail schedule to make sure trains are operating:
- Service to Cosumnes River College (Blue Line)
SacRT will operate four light rail trips on the Blue Line toward the Cosumnes River College Station after the 9 p.m. fireworks show ends in Old Sacramento. They will depart the 7th& Capitol Station at 9:46 p.m., 10:16 p.m., 10:46 p.m. and 11.16 p.m.
- Service to Watt/I-80 (Blue Line)
SacRT will operate six light rail trips on the Blue Line toward the Watt/I-80 Station after the 9 p.m. fireworks show ends in Old Sacramento. They will depart the 9th & K Station at 10:02 p.m., 10:32 p.m., 11:02 p.m., 11:32 p.m., 12:02 a.m. and 12:32 a.m.
- Service to Sunrise/Folsom (Gold Line)
SacRT will operate three light rail trips on the Gold Line toward the Historic Folsom Station after the 9 p.m. fireworks show ends in Old Sacramento. They will depart the 7th & Capitol Station at 9:54 p.m., 10:24 p.m. and 10:54 p.m.
As a reminder, check the sign located at the front of the light rail train to make sure you are boarding the correct train.
For trip planning help, call 916-321-BUSS (2877) Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.