Ride the SacRT Small Business Saturday Shuttle – Saturday, November 24!
Think Big, Shop Small…
Community Encouraged to Visit the Urban Core during Small Business Saturday
The Downtown Sacramento Partnership, DOCO (Downtown Commons), Midtown Association, R Street Partnership, City of Sacramento and the Sacramento Regional Transit District (SacRT) are once again joining efforts to share exciting information about a variety of special Small Business Saturday activities, offerings and amenities available for holiday shoppers on Saturday, November 24, 2018.
Helping to make shopping in Sacramento’s urban core even more fun and convenient than ever, the City of Sacramento is offering free metered parking on Small Business Saturday (and on weekdays after 4:30 p.m. and all day on weekends through December 25, 2018).
Back by popular demand, SacRT is offering free “shopping shuttle” service (with stops/pick-ups every 20 minutes) that will operate from 9:30 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. and take shoppers throughout midtown, the Alhambra corridor, downtown, along R Street and in Old Sacramento on Saturday, November 24, 2018 only. The free shopping shuttles will also stop near popular community events and destinations such as the Midtown Farmers Market, DOCO Plaza, Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink, Macy’s Theatre of Lights and the Old Sacramento Waterfront.
Part of the year-round Shop Small concept, Small Business Saturday is highlighted as a special day to celebrate the ongoing effort to help local communities thrive. To get started, shoppers are encouraged to stop by one of the three Small Business Saturday “Welcome Stations” to pick up complimentary canvas tote bags. Plus, many businesses in the central city have special activities planned on Small Business Saturday, a sampling of which follows:
Downtown Sacramento & DOCO (Downtown Commons)
- Downtown Welcome Station at DOCO (Guest Services Desk next to “On the Green”) will be open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. at the DOCO Plaza where shoppers are encouraged to stop by and pick up complimentary #ShopSmall canvas bags (while supplies last);
- Allspicery(1125 11th Street) the 2015 Calling All Dreamers winner is offering free 1 oz bag of mulling spices with purchase of $50 or more + free swag bag to the first customers;
- American Legacy(1025 Front Street, #B) featuring authentic jewelry and crafts, receive 15 percent off all silvery jewelry purchases;
- Hair to Dye For(715 Merchant Street) a salon in the heart of downtown, is offering 20 percent off services and products;
- Safe Space Bodywork(717 K Street) treat chronic pain with a free pillow spray included in your massage booking.
Midtown Welcome Station at the Midtown Farmers Market (on 20th between J & K Streets) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. is offering complimentary tote bags (while supplies last) plus tasty smoothie samples provided by Nekter from 10 to 11 a.m. The market also offers locally grown and farm-fresh edibles for the holiday table along with talented local artisans who have plenty of hand-crafted specialty goods available for purchase
Click the map below for a larger version