Causeway Connection Electric Bus Service
Masks Recommended on Public Transit
As of Monday, April 18, 2022, the Federal Transit Administration no longer mandates that masks be worn on public transportation; however, SacRT still highly recommends wearing a mask while riding public transportation, especially if you are unvaccinated. The health and safety of our staff and riders remains a top priority. For more information visit sacrt.com/covid19.
The Causeway Connection (Route 138) zero emission bus service between Davis and Sacramento is an hourly service Monday through Friday and operate 30 trips between the Silo Terminal in Davis and the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.
All trips serve all three Davis stops: Mondavi Center, Genome Biological Science Facility and the Silo. At this time, no stops will be added in downtown Sacramento or at Mace Boulevard.
Sign Up for Causeway Connection Service Alerts
Sign up for text-message based service alerts for the Causeway Connection! These alerts will cover all Causeway Connection trips, both Yolobus and SacRT operated.
To sign up, visit https://yolobus.com/getalerts/ and follow these steps:
1. Register a valid email address and phone number capable of receiving text-based messages*
2. Add a Yolobus Causeway Connection Alert to your account
3. Define how and when you would like to receive alerts
That’s it! Once setup you will receive alerts to your phone via email and/or text messages, keeping you in the loop on important service information such as delays, detours, and emergencies.
You can add or delete these alerts through your account at any time. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 530-666-2877.
*Text message fees may apply based on your mobile phone provider and plan.
SacRT and Yolobus are operating the bus service in tandem and monitor ridership to determine when to add additional trips.
Causeway Connection Schedule and Map
(click to the images to enlarge)
- 100% zero emission electric-battery buses
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charging
- 100% accessible with space for up to two wheelchairs
- Secure bike rack
- Real-time bus tracker using transit apps
- The 12 new shuttles were purchased by Electrify America, the Volkswagen subsidiary, as part of its $44 million Green City initiative to promote electric vehicle adoption in Sacramento.
Cost to Ride
The cost to ride is $2.50 or $1.25 for discount eligible riders.
UC Davis undergraduate, graduate, exchange students, and employees with a valid Aggie ID card are eligible to ride the Causeway Connection for free.
For the UC Davis main campus, please contact the Bicycle Program at email@example.com to check on location and availability.
- Mobile app ZipPass (download free at App Store or Google Play)
- Connect Card (purchase at connecttransitcard.com)
- Monthly pass, daily pass or single ride ticket
- Valid College ID (Sacramento State, UC Davis, Los Rios Community College)
- Youth/Students TK-12 ride free (visit RydeFreeRT.com for details) on SacRT operated buses
- Youth age 18 & under ride free on (visit http://yolobus.com/news/index.php/602) on Yolobus operated buses
- Cash (exact fare is required – operators don’t carry change)
Find Your Bus
NOTE: Due to technical issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic, some of the stop locations and times shown on Google Maps and other third party apps (such as Transit, Moovit, or Whiz) may be slightly inaccurate. Please refer to this web page for the correct stops and schedule.
In addition, there are third-party developers who have access to our data and provide free installable apps for use with your mobile devices.
SacRT and Yolobus do not endorse, warrant or support any of the apps listed below but we want you to know they are available if they can enhance your commute
|Transit App||Moovit App||Whiz App|
To submit feedback or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-321-BUSS (2877).
Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (closed major holidays)
Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Report a Problem
In case of emergency, call 9-1-1.
Report non-emergency crimes or suspicious activity to SacRT Police through the free Alert SacRT app or call 916-556-0275.
The Causeway Connection will not run on some holidays. Holiday schedules for all SacRT services can be found at https://www.sacrt.com/apps/holiday-schedules/.