SacRT Relaunched Airport Express Bus Service with Electric Zero Emission Buses
SacRT’s Route 142 Airport Express service is back! The Airport Express bus service offers trips between downtown Sacramento and the Sacramento International Airport every 30 minutes, seven days a week. Express bus service begins at 4:45 a.m. and operates until 11.29 p.m. Reminder, masks are required to ride transit.
The new airport express bus service relaunched with new battery powered zero emission buses for an environmentally friendly ride.
Airport express bus service is an easy, affordable way to avoid parking fees and ride-hailing surge pricing.
For a more productive, economical and stress-free ride, the Airport Express bus is the only way to travel!
* DIRECT SERVICE: Service direct from downtown Sacramento to Terminals A and B
* ECONOMICAL: Only $2.50 for a single ride, $1.25 for discounted eligible riders, or free for students in grades TK through 12
* CONVENIENT: Multiple downtown bus stops with easy access from light rail, extra space for luggage and free Wi-Fi onboard.
* CLEAN: SacRT offers zero emission battery-powered buses
- There are several ways to pay for Airport Express bus service, including:
- Cash (exact fare is required – operators don’t carry change)
- Connect Card (ConnectTransitCard.com)*
- ZipPass Mobile App (download free from the App Store or Google Play)*
- RydeFreeRT Sticker or Pass
*Enjoy free transfers within 90 minutes to or from SacRT bus and light rail.
Recommended Light Rail Connections
Gold Line from Folsom/Rancho Cordova, exit the train at the 8th & Capitol Station, board the shuttle at L Street & 9th Street.
Blue Line from South Sacramento, exit the train at the 8th & Capitol Station, board the shuttle at L Street & 9th Street.
Blue Line from North Sacramento, exit the train at the 10th & K Station (Cathedral Square), board the shuttle at L Street & 11th Street (by See’s Candies)
Gold Line to Folsom/Rancho Cordova, exit the shuttle at J & 8th Street, walk to the 7th & I/County Center Station (cross J Street, turn left, walk to 7th Street, turn right, walk north and cross I Street to station)
Blue Line to South Sacramento, exit the shuttle at J & 10th Street, walk to the 10th & K Station (left on 10th Street, left on K Street)
Blue Line to North Sacramento, exit the shuttle at J & 8th Street, walk to the 9th & K Station (right on 8th Street, left on K Street)
For the Route 142 schedule please visit this link.