Causeway Connection Electric Bus Service Begins April 6
On Monday, April 6, 2020, the new Causeway Connection zero emission electric bus service between Davis and Sacramento will begin operation. SacRT and Yolobus will operate the service in partnership with UC Davis, City of Sacramento, Electrify America and the Sacramento Area Council of Governments to operate the new public intercity express bus service.
Route 138 Causeway Connection bus will operate Monday through Friday between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 8:50 p.m. between the cities of Davis and Sacramento.
The service will operate, in tandem, by SacRT and Yolobus. Each transit agency will operate six of the 12 electric buses.
Causeway Connection Schedule and Map
(click to the images to enlarge)
Causeway Connection Schedule Highlights
- Multiple non-stop and express trips between UC Davis Campus and UC Davis Health during peak commute hours
- Hourly direct trips between the UC Davis Campus and UC Davis Health during midday hours
- 52 trips daily between the cities of Davis and Sacramento
- Peak-hour seating capacity for 99 people (3 buses each peak hour x 33 seats)
- 100% zero emission electric-battery buses
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charging
- 100% accessible with space for up to two wheelchairs
- Secure bike rack
- Real-time bus tracker using transit apps
- The 12 new shuttles were purchased by Electrify America, the Volkswagen subsidiary, as part of its $44 million Green City initiative to promote electric vehicle adoption in Sacramento.
Cost to Ride
The cost to ride will be $2.50 or $1.25 for discount eligible riders.
UC Davis undergraduate, graduate, exchange students, and employees with a valid Aggie ID card are eligible to ride the Causeway Connection for free. Visit https://foa.ucdavis.edu/causewayconnection for more information.
- Mobile app ZipPass (download free at App Store or Google Play)
- Connect Card (purchase at connecttransitcard.com)
- Monthly pass, daily pass or single ride ticket
- Valid College ID (Sacramento State, UC Davis, Los Rios Community College)
- Youth/Students TK-12 ride free (visit RydeFreeRT.com for details) on SacRT operated buses
- Youth age 18 & under ride free on (visit http://yolobus.com/news/index.php/602) on Yolobus operated buses
- Cash (exact fare is required – operators don’t carry change)
Find Your Bus
In addition, there are third-party developers who have access to our data and provide free installable apps for use with your mobile devices.
SacRT and Yolobus do not endorse, warrant or support any of the apps listed below but we want you to know they are available if they can enhance your commute
|Transit App||Moovit App||Whiz App|
Monday – Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (closed major holidays)
Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Report a Problem
In case of emergency, call 9-1-1.
Report non-emergency crimes or suspicious activity to SacRT Police through the free Alert SacRT app or call 916-556-0275.