Causeway Connection Electric Bus Service Added September 28
Rider alert: A mask or face covering is required on all Causeway Connection buses. SacRT and Yolobus also require their bus operators to wear a mask.
The Causeway Connection (Route 138) zero emission bus service between Davis and Sacramento has added service beginning on Monday, September 28, 2020. The service is now hourly service Monday through Friday and operate 30 trips between the Silo Terminal in Davis and the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.
All trips continue to serve all three Davis stops: Mondavi Center, Genome Biological Science Facility and the Silo. At this time, no stops will be added in downtown Sacramento or at Mace Boulevard.
SacRT and Yolobus are operating the bus service in tandem and monitor ridership to determine when to add additional trips.
Causeway Connection Schedule and Map
(click to the images to enlarge)
- 100% zero emission electric-battery buses
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charging
- 100% accessible with space for up to two wheelchairs
- Secure bike rack
- Real-time bus tracker using transit apps
- The 12 new shuttles were purchased by Electrify America, the Volkswagen subsidiary, as part of its $44 million Green City initiative to promote electric vehicle adoption in Sacramento.
Cost to Ride
The cost to ride is $2.50 or $1.25 for discount eligible riders.
UC Davis undergraduate, graduate, exchange students, and employees with a valid Aggie ID card are eligible to ride the Causeway Connection for free. Visit https://foa.ucdavis.edu/causewayconnection for more information.
- Mobile app ZipPass (download free at App Store or Google Play)
- Connect Card (purchase at connecttransitcard.com)
- Monthly pass, daily pass or single ride ticket
- Valid College ID (Sacramento State, UC Davis, Los Rios Community College)
- Youth/Students TK-12 ride free (visit RydeFreeRT.com for details) on SacRT operated buses
- Youth age 18 & under ride free on (visit http://yolobus.com/news/index.php/602) on Yolobus operated buses
- Cash (exact fare is required – operators don’t carry change)
Find Your Bus
NOTE: Due to technical issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic, some of the stop locations and times shown on Google Maps and other third party apps (such as Transit, Moovit, or Whiz) may be slightly inaccurate. Please refer to this web page for the correct stops and schedule.
In addition, there are third-party developers who have access to our data and provide free installable apps for use with your mobile devices.
SacRT and Yolobus do not endorse, warrant or support any of the apps listed below but we want you to know they are available if they can enhance your commute
|Transit App||Moovit App||Whiz App|
To submit feedback or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-321-BUSS (2877).
Monday – Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (closed major holidays)
Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Report a Problem
In case of emergency, call 9-1-1.
Report non-emergency crimes or suspicious activity to SacRT Police through the free Alert SacRT app or call 916-556-0275.
The Causeway Connection will NOT run on the following holidays:
New Years Day – January 1. (See note below.)
MLK Day – 3rd Monday in January. Consistent with SacRT policy.
Presidents Day – 3rd Monday in February. Consistent with YCTD policy.
Memorial Day – Last Monday in May.
Independence Day – July 4. See note below.
Labor Day – First Monday in September.
Veterans Day – November 11. (See note below.)
Thanksgiving Day – Last Thursday in November.
Day After Thanksgiving – Last Friday in November.
Christmas – December 25. (See note below.)
If New Years Day, Independence Day, Veterans Day, or Christmas fall on a Saturday, the Causeway Connection will not operate on the preceding Friday. If holiday falls on a Sunday, the Causeway Connection will not operate on the following Monday. (Consistent with YCTD policy.)