TAKE SACRT TO THE WOMEN’S MARCH – SACRAMENTO!
- SacRT will add extra train cars to accommodate crowds attending the Women’s March – Sacramento.
- For your convenience, SacRT has 52 light rail stations and 22 park-and-ride lots in a 43-mile service area.
- SacRT recommends parking at one of our key light rail stations for better service and more fare vending machine options (Sunrise, Watt/Manlove, Franklin or Roseville Road)
- On weekends, light rail trains operate every 30 minutes. Click here for light rail schedules or visit sacrt.com.
- SacRT will operate 15 minute service on Route 51 between 21st Street, Broadway, W/X parking lot and Southside Park.
DOWNTOWN ARRIVAL STATIONS (Closest to Southside Park)
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Blue Line from Citrus Heights/Roseville should exit the train at the 8th & O Station.
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Blue Line from south Sacramento/Elk Grove should exit the train at the 13th Street Station.
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Gold Line from Folsom/Rancho Cordova should exit the train at the 13th Street Station.
Remember, light rail trains operate on one-way streets in downtown, so you may need to board return trains in a different location than where you exited.
DOWNTOWN DEPARTURE STATIONS (Closest to the Capitol)
- Passengers taking the Blue Line toward Citrus Heights/Roseville should board a “Watt/I-80” train (check the train sign) at the 8th & Capitol Station.
- Passengers taking the Blue Line toward south Sacramento/Elk Grove should board a “Cosumnes River College” train (check the train sign) at the 8th & O Station.
- Passengers taking the Gold Line to Rancho Cordova/Folsom stations should board a “Sunrise or Folsom” train (check the train sign) at the 8th & O Station.
Plan ahead and avoid standing in line at fare ticket machines and purchase your tickets in advance! Download SacRT’s mobile fare ZipPass app, ZipPass, for iOS and Android devices.
You can set up a secure account to purchase, save and use tickets and passes for SacRT bus and light rail trips right from your smartphone. Or, you can purchase tickets and passes using cash, debit or credit cards at most light rail station fare vending machines.
- Daily Pass (per person): $7 -Valid on SacRT buses and light rail all day.
- Single Ride Ticket (per person): $2.75 – Valid for one ride each direction on bus or light rail.
- Event Round-Trip Pass* Best Value – per person!): $5.50
Purchase round-trip fare with a single transaction on event day at the Parkeon fare vending machines (dark grey kiosks).
Discount fares are available and apply to students (grades K – 12), seniors (age 62 and over), and persons with disabilities. Presentation of an acceptable ID, as specified in SacRT’s adopted fare structure, is required.
*These passes can only be purchased on Parkeon fare vending machines (small dark grey kiosks) at key light rail stations.
- Travel time from Roseville Road Station to 8th & O Station takes approximately 25 minutes.
- Travel time from Sunrise Station to 13th Street Station takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Travel time from Watt/Manlove Station to 13th Street Station takes approximately 20 minutes.
- Travel time from Franklin Station to 13th Street Station takes approximately 30 minutes.
HOW TO RIDE LIGHT RAIL
6 Easy Steps
- Have your valid ticket or pass ready to show transit agents when riding light rail.
- Wait on the correct side of the track. Signage will identify which side of the station platform to stand. For your safety, stand behind the yellow truncated domed caution strip.
- As the train arrives, check the head sign to verify you are boarding the correct train. Once the train has come to a complete stop, push the button on the door to enter.
- Find your seat.
- Listen and watch for your stop
- When you arrive at your station, push the button to open the door, and exit.
Mobile Website: m.sacrt.com
Phone: 916-321-BUSS (2877) – Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Security Operations Center: 916-556-0275