Causeway Connection Service Improvements Launch Monday, September 28
The Sacramento Regional Transit District (SacRT) and Yolo County Transportation District (Yolobus) are reminding riders that the Causeway Connection zero emission bus service between Davis and Sacramento is adding additional service starting on Monday, September 28.
The Causeway Connection will now have all-day service once an hour Monday through Friday. All trips will serve the Mondavi Center, Genome Facility, and the Silo in Davis and the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.
SacRT and Yolobus operate the Causeway Connection service in tandem.
The Causeway Connection service was developed in partnership between SacRT, Yolobus, UC Davis, UC Davis Health and the City of Sacramento, as well as Electrify America, which provided funding for the electric buses and charging infrastructure. Due to the impacts of COVID-19, the service began with a modified schedule on May 4 with only 10 trips per day. On September 28, the number of bus trips will increase to 30 trips per day, which begins at the start of the new UC Davis school year.
- 100% zero emission electric-battery buses
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charging
- 100% accessible with space for up to two wheelchairs
- Secure bike rack Real-time bus tracker using transit apps
- The 12 Proterra buses were purchased by Electrify America, the Volkswagen subsidiary, as part of its $44 million Green City initiative to promote electric vehicle adoption in Sacramento.
For more information visit causewayconnection.com.