SacRT Expects Ridership Increases as State Begins to Reopen
As more businesses are reopening and people return to work and school, SacRT is expecting to see an increase in ridership on bus, light rail and SacRT GO paratransit services. With decreasing COVID-19 cases and more people getting vaccinated SacRT wants to ensure a successful transition to a return to normalcy, while safely accommodating additional riders.
Masks will continue to be required while riding transit, even if you have been vaccinated. A mask must cover your nose and mouth at all times.
Keeping COVID-19 in check is critical to reducing the spread of the virus and speeding up reopening timelines.
California is planning to fully reopen by Tuesday, June 15, 2021, and if California successfully reopens, the State will be lifting nearly all COVID-19 restrictions with the exception of the mask mandate, which will continue.
The safety and health of our employees and customers has been and continues to be a top priority for SacRT and we are taking a number of proactive measures in response to COVID-19, including:
- Blocking off certain seats in buses and light rail trains to provide physical distancing
- Requiring all employees and riders to wear a face covering or mask
- Fogging and disinfecting buses, light rail trains, facilities and all touch points
- Urging riders to download ZipPass the free mobile fare app to reduce touchpoints
- Asking customers to not ride transit if they are sick
While riding our system, if you need to report a cleaning or nuisance issue, please download the free Alert SacRT App. You can also call Customer Service at 916-321-BUSS (2877). More information on COVID-19 precautions is available at sacrt.com/covid19.