SacRT in the Community
Over the last few years, SacRT has forged partnerships in the community and we are working hand in hand to serve the public during the COVID-19 crisis. SacRT has become much more than a transit agency during the pandemic, it has thrived as a health and social service partner for the Sacramento region.
During the COVID-19 crisis, SacRT has been busy working with community partners on the following projects:
- Delivery of fresh food from local farmers markets directly to residents impacted by the pandemic using our shuttles buses.
- Partnering with the City of Sacramento and Sacramento Steps Forward on the coordination of transport of persons experiencing homelessness to dedicated shelters and specified trailers in coordination with county medical personnel and police services (who do not exhibit signs of COVID-19).
- Partnering with CalSTA and City of Sacramento to provide 10 WiFi Buses to turn them into free wireless super hotspots to address the digital divide in communities with limited high-speed internet access to support California Governor Newsom’s telehealth, telework and distance learning efforts. You can find an updated schedule at: www.thewifibus.com.
- As our vulnerable community members shelter in place during COVID-19 health crisis, SacRT has teamed up with the City of Sacramento to deliver meals to seniors and other high risk adults using SmaRT Ride microtransit shuttles through Governor Newsom’s Great Plates. To learn more about Great Plates, call 916-330-1444 or visit www.covid19.ca.gov/restaurants-deliver-home-meals-for-seniors
A huge thank you to all our community partners for providing our front-line essential employees masks and other supporting items to ensure their safety and well being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- California Chinese Engineers Association
- California Office of Emergency Services
- California State Transportation Agency
- Chang Cheng Chinese School
- Fiona Ma, State Treasurer*
- Jinan-Sacramento Sister Cities Corporation
- Manny Leon, Principal Consultant, State Senate Transportation Committee*
- PackTowl by Cascade Designs Inc.
*(title/organization for identification only)