SacRT is Hiring Maintenance and Facilities Positions
The Sacramento Regional Transit District (SacRT) offers a number of exciting career opportunities. Our salary and benefit packages are designed to attract and retain a highly qualified and motivated work force.
- Full-time positions available
- On-the-job training provided
Now Accepting Applications for:
- Light Rail Vehicle Technician
Troubleshoot, maintain, repair and overhaul a variety of light rail vehicles to include specialized systems and components as well as related equipment, machinery, and tools, fare vending machines, and other vehicles owned and operated by SacRT.
Assists with inspections, testing, routine maintenance, and repairs on SacRT’s light rail signal system, traction power substations, and electrical distribution system in a training capacity; performs a variety of manual labor tasks and participates in organizing and maintaining an inventory of parts, tools, and equipment in the workshop.
- Mechanic A – Bus
Perform varied and complex inspection, diagnostic, overhaul and repair functions required for the maintenance of SacRT’s revenue and non-revenue vehicles and equipment, including gas, diesel and CNG powered buses, trucks, cars, fare boxes, fare collection equipment, small shop machinery, power tools, and other support equipment.
- Mechanic A – body and fender - Bus
This is a highly skilled journey level specialist job classification within the Mechanic job series. Specialized knowledge to fabricate, weld and manipulate a variety of materials to repair the bodies and frames of revenue and non-revenue vehicles; prepares and spot paints surfaces after repairs are completed; assists and/or purchases designated parts and supplies from vendors; performs off-site and/or emergency repairs.
- Service Worker – Bus or Light Rail
- BUS: Cleans and services SacRT buses, other vehicles and related service areas; operates buses for servicing and maintenance purposes.
- LIGHT RAIL: Cleans and services light rail vehicles, other vehicles and related service areas; operates light rail vehicles for servicing and maintenance purposes.
Facilities or Light Rail
- Facilities Service Worker – Facilities or Light Rail: Individually or as a member of a crew, performs a variety of routine cleaning tasks at light rail stations, bus stops, and light rail vehicles, in or around SacRT buildings and grounds, as assigned; performs office relocations and room set-ups; hauls and transports materials safely operating non-revenue vehicles; practices safe work processes and contributes to the creation and maintenance of a safe working environment for self and others; and performs related work as assigned.
Sign Up for Job Posting Updates
Sign up to receive email notifications for SacRT open career opportunities: