SacRT to operate transit for the City of Elk Grove starting July 1, 2019
New Contracted Services with SacRT approved by the Elk Grove City Council on March 13, 2019, to begin on July 1, 2019.
Starting on July 1, 2019, e-tran’s routes and paratransit services (e-van) will be operated by the Sacramento Regional Transit District (SacRT). This change is in response to the City Council’s approval of a contract between the City of Elk Grove and SacRT on March 13, 2019. Under this contract agreement, SacRT will operate the City’s transit services in a similar manner as the City’s current provider, MV Transportation, Inc. (MV). All current e-tran routes, e-van paratransit service areas, scheduled times, and fares will not change.
In short, what does that mean for riders?
- All local and commuter routes and schedules will remain the same
- The current fare structure will remain the same
- SacRT has committed to retaining as many of the current MV staff as needed to operate the City’s transit services so long as they pass all of SacRT’s employment screening and safety check processes, and have maintained good standing with the City
- City will still retain full oversight of SacRT’s operations contract, and continually monitor SacRT’s performance of the transit service
What changes will be seen?
- The City’s buses and bus driver’s uniforms will incorporate some graphic changes to identify SacRT’s logo and operation of the e-tran service
- City and SacRT are working collaboratively to establish new, regional paratransit service to Elk Grove residents
For more information, please visit http://www.elkgrovecity.org/residents/transportation/transit_e-tran
For questions, please email email@example.com