Dos Rios Light Rail Station
SacRT hired Mark Thomas and Company, Inc. to complete the final design of the new Dos Rios Station planned for North 12th Street in the City of Sacramento. The future station will be served by the Blue Line. In December of 2018 it was announced that this project (with associated affordable housing development) was the recipient of a $23 million Transformative Climate Communities (TCC) Grant by the California Strategic Growth Council. The TCC Program funds development and infrastructure projects that achieve major environmental, health, and economic benefits in California’s most disadvantaged communities, and the addition of the Dos Rios Light Rail Station align perfectly with these goals. Please go to https://www.shra.org/mirasol-village-redevelopment-project/ for additional information about the community redevelopment.
Project Schedule & Reports:
- Station Alternatives Analysis – 2006
- Preliminary design – mid-2014 through 2015
- Focus group and Public Workshops – April 2015
- Environmental clearance for “Twin Rivers Transit-Oriented Development and Light Rail Station” – CEQA: 2017, “Dos Rios Light Rail Station” – NEPA: 2019
- Center for Public Interest Design (CPID) outreach and chosen design – Spring 2018
- Awarded $23 million TCC Implementation Grant for Construction, including the Light Rail Station – 2018
- Final Design – May 2021
- Construction – TBD (Once construction starts, it will take approximately 24-30 months to complete)
Principal Civil Engineer
Sacramento Regional Transit
The Dos Rios light rail station is supported by California Strategic Growth Council’s Transformative Climate Communities Program with funds from California Climate Investments – Cap-and-Trade Dollars at Work.
Dos Rios Station Renderings