Dos Rios Light Rail Station
SacRT hired the Portland State University Center for Public Interest Design (CPID) to help further refine the design of the new Dos Rios station planned for North 12th Street in the City of Sacramento. The future station will be served by the Blue Line.
We need your help to develop the station design direction. Please join us for an upcoming design charrette, which is an intense (and fun) brainstorming and design session. SacRT and CPID will engage everyone to define key interests and viewpoints, discuss stations concepts and move toward a design direction for which stakeholders feel co-authorship.
When: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Optional site tour: 2:00 p.m. – meet at the corner of North 12th Street and Sproule Avenue
- Charrette: 3:00 to 6:30 p.m. – Smythe Academy Auditorium
Where: Smythe Academy, 700 Dos Rios Street, Sacramento 95811
Why Attend? To share your interest and viewpoints about the Dos Rios light rail station.
Light refreshments will be served.
Project Schedule & Reports:
- Station Alternatives Analysis – 2006
- Preliminary design – mid-2014 through 2015
- Focus group and Public Workshops – April 2015
- Environmental clearance for “Twin Rivers Transit-Oriented Development and Light Rail Station” – CEQA: 2017, NEPA: under review by the FTA
- Center for Public Interest Design (CPID) outreach – Spring 2018
- Final Design – 2019
- Construction – 24 months+ (when funded)
Senior Strategic Planner
Sacramento Regional Transit